Dead note puzzler: grand key moves, hammer doesn't

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 5 09:26:36 MDT 2006

Greg,
Sounds a lot like a capsizing action to me but with a new twist, a
key that moves freely.  I've got a D doing this but the problem
involves weakened rep. springs to accommodate poor checking as a
result of severely arcked and roughened hammer tails that barely
reach and tear up the checks.  Some much-needed hammer filing sure
didn't help!  I can't regulate this as close as I'd like to.
I'll have to keep that screw-spoon interaction in mind for when I encounter it

Thanks,
Andrew
.