Modern key tops

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jun 6 19:10:27 MDT 2006

I've replaced modern Yamaha keytops. A heat gun and a knife is all you need to remove - they practically fall off.

However, I agree with other suggestions for simply polishing the sanding scratches out. A good buffing wheel would do it in about 30 seconds (being careful to not heat the plastic too much). But if no shop tools, as someone else suggested, sand with finer grits and then use some sort of a hand polish. Plastic keytops polish up very nicely.

Terry Farrell