Refelting antique hammers

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Wed Jun 7 22:02:50 MDT 2006

Greeetings,

               I did not know you can refelt hammers! I am glad to find out
they actually sell hammer refelting. I thought I was crazy, or it was my own
original idea when I took some scrap white felt and refelted the last three
hammers in an old upright "orphan" that I refurbished and sold!  I had figured who
is going to know. After I was done, I used alittle laquer 5:1 and they
sounded just fine, so it was a go.

I guess my "original" idea was not so original afterall.

Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA