Refelting hammers...clamp type clothes pins idea

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Wed Jun 7 22:16:16 MDT 2006

Greetings,

        Regluing unravelling hammer felts, I use clamp clothes pins to hold
the felt on while the glue dries. Also, I always carry about 15 of them in my
tool kit. When I do this on a customer's old piano (the key word here is old,
(or spinet) as I don't think I would reglue unravelling hammer felt on an
expensive high end piano via clothes pins), I dont have time to watch the glue dry.
I just instruct the customer to gently remove the clothes pins the next day
and they can keep the pins for keeping music books open or something. I deduct
the clothes pins as a business supply.

Julia
Reading PA