Chickering concert grand, scale 131

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Thu Jun 8 05:06:40 MDT 2006

Good question!  I often find it useful to ask "What problem are you trying
to solve?".

The problem is that the monochords have been replaced several times, and the
replacements break in weeks.  The hammers are in great shape.  One
replacement broke during tuning as the pitch was being lowered.  Would worn
underlayment felt be a cause, with the strings riding on the plate?

--Cy--
SHUSTERpiano.com