Question regarding piano tuning hammers

Sean Kim seanyoonkim at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 07:19:45 MDT 2006

I have a question regarding piano tuning hammers: I
recently purchased a star-tipped piano tuning hammer
to tune my piano at home, and then realized that the
hammer tip does not fit the square tuning pin on my
old piano!

The hammer is supposedly "standard", with a 1/4" x
1/4" hole, and it's supposed to fit square and star
heads.  My piano tuning pins are square and 3/16" x
3/16".

I've been asking around everywhere and reseaching on
eBay and no one has any idea what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know:

1) What kind of hammer would fit my piano?  (My
current hammer's hole is too big)
2) Where can I get a tuning hammer for cheap that
would fit my piano?

I have all the other tuning supplies including mutes,
etc. but no hammer.

I would REALLY appreciate anyone's help with this
matter. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Sean
Houston, TX