Amazing Steinway

R.Moffatt & Sons Piano moffatt5 at telus.net
Thu Jun 8 08:17:56 MDT 2006

Hi Terry,

If you look closely, you will notice that the edges of the lid, the legs, lyre, key blocks, probably the one side of the fallboard,
keyslip etc  have been grained...that is not veneered.  I can point out examples of graining vs.  veneering on work our shop has done
if you like.
All in all, the work on the S&S is nothing to scoff at.. imho. And no.  That kind of money for that type of veneer work, on a piano that is over priced
to begin with, is far from too much. Try it once. ;>)

Best,

Bob