Petrof Pianos

The Leshers lesher at dejazzd.com
Thu Jun 8 18:58:25 MDT 2006

Michelle,

I think Petrofs are one of the best-value pianos on the market.  Very nice pianos for the money.  Their mellow tone often ends up being the tie breaker when a prospective buyer is in the final stages of making a selection from a short list of pianos in the running.   However, they've been going up in price nearly 4% per year since 1999.  If this continues, they might fall off my best-value list.  Also, I find that Petrofs are fairly sensitive in the low tenor (bottom ten strings or so on the treble bridge) to changes in humidity.   recommend humidity control quite heavily to new Petrof owners.  The pianos behave very nicely with the 'Life Saver.

I have seen the magnetic action up close but have not yet had occasion to work on one in the field.

Cliff Lesher
Winfield, PA