Hearing

David Lawson dlawson at netc.net.au
Thu Jun 8 20:43:42 MDT 2006

John, I am very interested to read about the hearing factor and particularly this new idea re the hammer shank. Don't quite understand the method however. Can you please give us some more in depth detail, as stability in tuning has always been a major problem with most tuners. I, like most of us, am a forced to hit hard, particularly for recital stuff, and I am getting too old for that rubbish!!!
The other matter that could be of interest is the that quite strange peculiarity of being able to hear your tuning very well, however when in a noisy room, can't hear what people are saying to you.
Am I the only one who has this experience? I bet I'm not.
Love this facility, it is great.
Regards,
David Lawson    Wangaratta Australia