Julius Bauer

Horace Greeley hgreeley at stanford.edu
Sat Jun 10 11:44:10 MDT 2006

Hi, Dale!

Quoting Erwinspiano at aol.com:

> Good morning list

...(yawn)...Morning?....oh, yeah...that big yellow thing is out again...

>    It's Sat!! Do I hear an Amen?

Hmmm...Shabbat Shalom....

>     I am now the proud owner of a 5 ft 6 inch  ish Julius (I had some
> very
> unique ideas )  Bauer.

I'll be very interested in some pictures, as possible.  I had a client in
San Bernardino (a long time ago) who had one of these, somewhat larger than
you describe.  He had had Keith Hardesty work on it extensively sometime in
the 50's; and Keith, as he did with everything else he took on, did simply
wonderful work.  While very, very odd, the piano was easy to work on.
Tuning was surprisingly easy.  As you note, great sustain...pleasant, even
tone.  What are your plans for this puppy?  If you are doing a board, it
should be a great laboratory piece for you.  Please let us know how things
progress.

Best.

Horace