Julius Bauer

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Jun 10 16:56:02 MDT 2006

Hi Horace
   I may just keep it to play with & on for a  while.  The simplicity of
construction would make it easy to work on.   I'm inclined to leave the board as
is, one because it works & 2 for  historical reasons.
   It  started out in NY for a few years the  property of a B grade movie
actress....Allegedly, of course.  Oh yes &  hand made for her with only one other
just like it.  Do you smell  embellishment here.  Well she was an actor!.
   It's been a Calif piano now &  lived in  the central valley for many years
in Byron., probably at least 50 plus  years  & the board shows a good amber
color with out cracks or  splits.
  I'm very excited to play with it.
  It will receive visitors after it's done.  Come  over & play.
  Dale

I'll  be very interested in some pictures, as possible.  I had a client  in
San Bernardino (a long time ago) who had one of these, somewhat larger  than
you describe.  He had Keith Hardesty work on it extensively  sometime in
the 50's; and Keith, as he did with everything else he took on,  did simply
wonderful work.  While very, very odd, the piano was easy  to work on.
Tuning was surprisingly easy.  As you note, great  sustain...pleasant, even
tone.  What are your plans for this  puppy?  If you are doing a board, it
should be a great laboratory  piece for you.  Please let us know how  things
progress.

Best.

Horace

Dale  Erwin--Piano Restorations
Modesto, Ca.
Shop 209-577-8397
cell  209-985-0990
Web site _http://www.Erwinspiano.com_ (http://www.erwinspiano.com/)
Restoration & Sales of
Steinway & Sons plus  other fine pianos.
Custom made soundboards by  design