Julius Bauer

Horace Greeley hgreeley at stanford.edu
Sat Jun 10 22:14:54 MDT 2006

Hi, Dale,

Quoting Erwinspiano at aol.com:

> Hi Horace
>    I may just keep it to play with & on for a  while.  The simplicity of
> construction would make it easy to work on.   I'm inclined to leave the
> board as
> is, one because it works & 2 for  historical reasons.

Sounds good to me.

>    It  started out in NY for a few years the  property of a B grade movie
> actress....Allegedly, of course.  Oh yes &  hand made for her with only
> one other
> just like it.  Do you smell  embellishment here.  Well she was an actor!.

Yeah...wish I had a nickle for every time I'd heard such stories in the last
40 years...sometimes, they're even true!!

>    It's been a Calif piano now &  lived in  the central valley for many
> years
> in Byron., probably at least 50 plus  years  & the board shows a good
> amber
> color with out cracks or  splits.

Super.  Sounds very much like what I dealt with.  I wonder if the reverse
crown/etc made the board less susceptible to cracks/etc.  Certainly a most
novel design.

>   I'm very excited to play with it.

I'm sure!

>   It will receive visitors after it's done.  Come  over & play.

Let us know when you are ready.  I've not been out that direction in some
time, and would welcome the excuse to vacate the Bay Area for a pleasant
drive.

Best!

Horace