Teflon squeeking ? Are you sure ?

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Sun Jun 11 04:11:17 MDT 2006

Yes.

Just refurbished this Pleyel 3 bis action with nose type hammer shanks refurbished by Abel (nice job).  Doing first pass rough regulation, everything goes fine.  At this point, the action already feels good and is very quiet, as quiet as you expect a refurbished action to be.
Then I put teflon powder on the noses, which I do routinely in order to lower the friction at this point.
The action started squeeking as loud as a pig going through it's last gasp.  Now I'm scratching my head.  This never happened before.
Any idea about what could have happened ?  Is there something like a pot life for teflon ? (I doubt).

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.