We're on the truck and movin' East

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Sun Jun 11 11:55:55 MDT 2006

Ladies and gents-----

The long-in-gestation, beefy, creamy, and bee-yoo-tee-full 1894 American
Steinway ³C² is on the way to
Rochester....ooooooh.......this is the piano I told you about months ago:
somebody stole the action out of this beast some decades ago and replaced it
with a jury-rigged, broken-down Mason & Hamlin action, so we had to start
from scratch---the biggest challenge Dale or Steve has ever faced vis-a-vis
precise location of action and back action.

I¹m very excited and honored to be bringing a piano, and to be included in a
galaxy of rebuilders that include Nossaman, Erwin, Overs, Hughes---amazing.

Stephen Bellieu, my partner in restoration, and the true genius behind the
action you¹ll play in Rochester, can¹t be there, due to aging parent/bad
timing issues, and I want to honor him as well.  You need to come to my
class, as well as Dale¹s, and Ron N.s, and Ron O.¹s classes.  I¹m happy as a
hog in slop to be having 6 or 7 killer private remanufactured/rebuilt pianos
right in a row, to A/B, yak over, thrill over.  Fun.

I¹ll see you all there---don¹t forget about the Pianotech chat list
gathering, which somebody talked about some time ago.  When and where?

Best, best Sunday to you.....

David Andersen
Malibu, CA