Fw:New Bearing gauges that don't lie

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Jun 11 19:22:50 MDT 2006

Hi Jack
  It looks kinda familiar.  I also made one like this for the  bass.  I
embedded a flat headed screw in  the small foot end.  I  set the gauge on the bass
string with the small foot protruding over the plain  wire in front of the
front bridge pin.  Then turn the screw down till it  touches plain wire.  Now it
cam be used as usual to determine positive or  negative bearing.  If positive
it will tap.  If negative a gap should  be visible under the long front foot
near the pin
 Dale

Hi Dale,

Here is my gauge. I use it as a visual for  customers or salesman to explain
down bearing. I also use it for a reading of  fluctuation due to humidity
changes.

Jack  Houweling