Hearing Aids

DIANE HOFSTETTER dianepianotuner at msn.com
Mon Jun 12 01:35:48 MDT 2006

Hi Terry,

Hearing aids are changing so rapidly that, if you get any, you must work
closely with a qualified dispensing audiologist or hearing aid dispenser,
who has up-to-date knowledge and equipment and who is willing to really work
with you and with the manufacturers to program your aids to give you the
best possible results.

The clearer you can be about what your needs are, the more likely you will
be thrilled with them. (e.g. What are the listening situations you most want
help with? Hearing in noise, hearing speech, listening to music, tuning
--all require different programming of the aids).

Then you must also be willing to hang in there, possibly having to return
for adjustments several times, until you get them right.  Generally
speaking, the sooner you get hearing aids, the easier it is to adjust to
them.  If the brain does not receive normal sound stimulation, it gradually
loses the ability to process sound and will have to relearn it.

Diane

Diane Hofstetter