RPT, was THE best RPT.....

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Fri Jun 16 07:03:15 MDT 2006

Hmmm  My my my the atti-dudes we have out there.  (no offence meant to anyone).  The thread started off on a quite different platform then it seems to be standing on now for sure.  This line, and Joes that seemed to provoke the series of replies that flurried after prompt a comment from yours truly... which follows:

Joe... The primary reason for taking the RPT exams has nothing to do with respect from RPT's.  Given the type of organization / association we have such <<respect>> would be from a practical stanpoint at least meaningless at its very best.  I mean who cares ???... as several of the posts have reflected....   No no nononononononono no....  The tests are simply a gauge by which to measure yourself, and first and formost a learning experience.  From that perspective I encourage one and all to take them and go through the experience.   Much like attending a convention class really in most regards.  Never could see a good reason not to take the tests myself.

As far as Terrys comments below  seems to point in the direction of  accusing the PTG to be primarilly a self serving group of  ..... well something less then flattering.  Not wanting to prematurly conclude this interpretation is correct or not... just let me say that while the PTG certainly has its share of world champ types like the origional post alluded to.... it is an organization that is quite obviously dedicated to furthering the best of pianotechnical knowledge from as an idealistic as humanly possible in a capitilistic world as is possible.  When I think of the untold hours and efforts given freely to sustain the organization and all its activities... then the amounts of monies that necessarilly are involved become miniscule indeed.  So IF the post below was meant as a slur against the PTG's motives.... then I think those thinking along those lines should take at least several steps back and think agin....

Just my 2 kroner.
RicB

--------

And let's not forget that without  rpt tests, conventions, ptg dues, ptj and
so on, the PTG is out of business! They actively PROMOTE the tests and
everything else that brings in the revenue to keep them in business...or is
it non-profit? I forget. :)

Terry Peterson