2 subjects: NBSS graduation & speaker; "tinny"

Info at alliedpiano.com Info at alliedpiano.com
Fri Jun 16 10:13:21 MDT 2006

Cy,

First, congratulations!  I wholeheartedly applaud those of you who make the
effort and
all it entails to go for full-time schooling.  This was a great read. It
must have been
wonderful to hear it in person.

A note on another subject, the word tinny.  I read somewhere that the term
"tin ear"
originated with testing potential blacksmiths by having them hammer away at
an anvil.
If someone's ears were sensitive and rang as a result,  they were deemed to
have "tin ears"
and advised not to take up the trade - the opposite of what tin ear implies
now.

Ruth Phillips