Loose knuckle buckskin

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Jun 17 08:58:05 MDT 2006

Working on a G3 with slack knuckle covers.

I'm bolstering with yarn and positioning it on the backside
since they still are round, just needs to have the cover
snugged-up a bit.

Has anyone treated this with wetting the front and rear areas to shrink?
I figure the PVC-E glue will shrink it a bit to snug them that last little it.

I had one job where I couldn't find a way to reduce the friction a
few more grams.
After much head scratching I discovered the knuckle covers loose and sliding.
I bolstered the backside and the friction dropped 2 to 4 grams.

Not that this G3 has friction problem but every little thing counts.
--

Regards,

Jon Page