bar too low

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 10:26:40 MDT 2006

Hi Rick,

If no one can do it perfectly (other than the etd's)
then the test is just about right. Your mileage may
vary. I agree that becoming a rpt is a beginning
rather than an ending.

There are about 70 "piano tuners" in Saskatchewan--and
just one who is an RPT. Make the test harder? I don't
think that would be productive.

At 11:36 AM 6/17/2006 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Don,...
>
>I don't really get your point.  How does getting a
perfect score (or
>not) touch on whether or not the <<passing score>>
required is to low or
>not ?
>Toms point is that the scoring curve is such that
passing the tuning
>test is just too easy.  I'd tend to agree as far as
that goes.

>That said.... its not really so important anyways.
The RPT test is
>really most valuable as a learning experience.  Thats
underlined by most
>of the examiners during exams to the candidates.
Passing the test gives
>you no right to start beating overly hard on the
proverbial breasts any
>more then failing should lead you to become more then
slightly discouraged.

>Cheers
>RicB

Regards,