Restoring crown in old soundboard

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 18 22:16:30 MDT 2006

Ah...new soundboard, that is...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: Hotwheelsp at aol.com
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Restoring crown in old soundboard

As I have progressed through my first restoration, I have now come to repairing the soundboard. After inspecting it for cracks (there was only one which traversed the upper left corner), I turned my attention to the crown of the board. My question now is: How do I restore crown to this old board. Is this possible? The board has negative downbearing, which I guess could be corrected through the soon-to-be recapped bridges, but I figured this was not the long term solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Phillip Pardue