Doppler/cents

John Delmore jodel at kairos.net
Mon Jun 19 15:00:23 MDT 2006

Thanks to all who responded.  You learn something new everyday!!  I found a
reference to The Physics of Music (Wood and Bowsher, 1975) which does state
that a cent is defined as the ratio of 2^(1/1200) to 1, or 1.0005778 as a
multiplier;  not simply "1/100 of a semitone".  So cents between a semi-tone
are not equal, but there are 100 between each semi-tone.  Now, I just need
to buy that book!  (Yep, I'm a "knowledge geek", useful, useless, doesn't
matter to me!!!)

Thanks again!!
JD