Kimball cord repair

Paul Mulik tubist at swbell.net
Mon Jun 19 20:24:02 MDT 2006

Hello list,

I'm repairing on old Kimball grand action, the type that has a short loop of
cord (for the repetition spring) coming out the back of each jack.  Two of
these cords are broken, and I expect many more are near the breaking point.
How does one replace these cords?  I may end up replacing all 88 of them, so
I need to learn how to do this properly.

One more thing, in an emergency situation, what could you use if you didn't
have the right type of cord -- string? Dental floss? Fishing line?

Thank,
Paul Mulik