If only all life's problems were so easily solved

Samuel Choy sam at scpianoservice.com
Mon Jun 19 22:23:02 MDT 2006

The other day, the kids were complaining about a buzzing sound when they
played our piano. Well, a budding piano tech like me couldn't stand to have
a buzzing piano in his own home. I played it a bit, and sure enough, it
buzzed. It sounded sort of like it was coming from of the back. I pulled the
piano (a Grinnell bros. made in the seventies) from the wall, hoping that
the soundboard hadn't developed a crack--nothing of the sort! There was an
extension cord behind the piano that had bunched up and was touching the
sound board. I moved the cord and the buzz left.

I wish all problems were that easy to solve.

Sam Choy