Rat Eats Piano

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 20 19:52:10 MDT 2006

I made a service call last week for a customer who said a rat ate her piano
keys. She was certainly correct! Here's a photo of the damage done to her
late-model Baldwin console. What resembles particle board is what's left of
the treble keys. He ate about 3 inches on either side of the key buttons.
The blue stuff is rat poison. She said they heard the piano playing at
night, but during the day, there was no sign of the rodent. I'm not sure how
long this went on. I don't think I would have waited so long for help.

Philip Jamison
West Chester, PA