The Convention

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Sun Jun 25 17:39:45 MDT 2006

Hi all. It was good to see everyone, meet everyone, drink with a few of
you!, and break bread with some also.

The 2 things about this year's convention that was different than others
was the Re-builders Showcase and more hands-on classes. In my opinion,
both were a smashing success. "Re-builders Row", with the exception of
Ron O's gorgeous new piano, was a site to behold..Instruments brought
back to life by some of the most respected techs we all know..begging to
be played..and played they were.

Another excellent touch to this Convention was the re-builders
themselves got to teach a class about their particular piano..show Power
Point presentations, answer every question, and the best part, students
from Eastman were allowed to demonstrate these instruments at the end of
the class. For my money, these classes and their presentation was worth
the price of admission to this convention. Rick Florence and the entire
convention team need to be commended on what I consider to be the best
Convention I have ever been to. Granted, I haven't been to as many as
some of you, but this one stands out head and shoulders above any other
I have been to.

Does Rick Florence have a few twin brothers? He seemed to be everywhere.

I always come back from these conventions rejuvenated and ready to try
out some of the new tips I have learned..this year is a little
different..because there are some really talented people out there that
I have a new and humbled respect for. As long as these people continue
to humble me, I will always be

-DaRook