grand action in an upright

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Sun Jun 25 17:50:39 MDT 2006

Mark,

All I know is what I see here, too.  If you click on the picture, you can
see the Sauter's hammer rest rail has a movable triangular section, with
hypotenuse facing the strings, pivoting on an action center on the lower,
string side of the rail.  Maybe it moves the shank forward after the key is
released and the backcheck releases the catcher?  That's what the rep spring
does on a Fandrich vertical.  Anyone know for sure?

--Cy--
SHUSTERpiano.com