soundboard cleaning, the easy way?

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Jun 26 08:15:43 MDT 2006

We had those big simple pistons, like cartoon bug sprayers, that worked great.  About 2' long, 4" diameter, with a nozzle on the end.  You can get a lot of air through them, and control it.

I was just in Comp USA looking at various compressed air devices, and wondering the same thing.  Freezing wood or strings would be bad.  Another small device used CO2 cartridges.  Some of them contain oil, for use in BB guns (to lubricate).  How many soundboards (and especially actions) could you clean with one $8 can of compressed air?

--Cy--
SHUSTERpiano.com