Which one?

Avery avery1 at houston.rr.com
Wed Jun 28 17:28:48 MDT 2006

Greg,

Besides the obvious, my biggest gripe with the
"new" one is that they only "bought the assets. Not the liabilities!"
We have a piano mover here that I use a LOT that
stored and transported Abbey Simon's Baldwin for
several months and several concerts and lost
several thousand dollars because he did. At least as far as I know!

A dealer I work for in Beaumont, TX had their
dealership taken away (after app. 50 yrs.) because they didn't
want to spend the several hundreds of thousands
of dollars that the "new" Baldwin was demanding for them to continue
as a dealer! Most didn't/couldn't/wouldn't!
That's why there are now, what? 3, 4, 5, Baldwin dealers in the USA now?
Thankfully, my dealer had already become a Yamaha
dealer and I'd rather work on those anyway! :-)

It seems to me that if they wanted to have any
continuing customers, they'd at LEAST honor the warranties on
new pianos. It just seems to me that they don't
want to be bothered. And I don't like that attitude. I don't
give a warranty for my work, per se, but if
anyone has a problem with what I've done, you can be damn sure I'll
do my best to correct the problem. Unlike Gibson,
I don't want bad "word of mouth"! JMO. And I'll shut up now
before I get into even more trouble! :-)

Avery Todd
University of Houston