One OT subject and One "on topic"

Brian Doepke doepkeb at comcast.net
Fri Jun 30 20:20:55 MDT 2006

I had to laugh out loud when I read the last names of the first 2 tunings
today. ( I just list the customers last names)  My first 2 clients last
names today were ( I am not kidding)  Brake, Wind.

Ok, more seriously.  I received a call from a woman who said that 70% of the
keys of her grandmothers recently moved upright piano were already down.in
the position achieved after a normal key stroke.and would not work.

 she said "upright" .but that could be anything from a spinet to an old,
tall upright.  Who knows!!

Anyway, I have dealt with jammed keys in a recently moved grand, but not in
a vertical.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be?? (naturally I told her
that I needed to actually see the piano and really could not even guess on
what was causing the situation, or even how much it would cost to get them
working again)

Brian P. Doepke
AAA Piano Works, Inc.
Piano Tuning-Repair-Purchase Consults