v-bar/capo repair

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Wed Mar 1 04:37:33 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <rnossaman@cox.net>
To: "Pianotech List" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: v-bar/capo repair

>> convinced if I refile the capo, the same thing is going to happen again.
>
> I agree. It's going to happen again. And I think the reason it's going to
> happen again most likely doesn't have much of anything to do with the capo
> profile or hardness. It has more to do with the length of the front duplex
> segment in question.

I'd ask about the length of the front duplex, but my eyes might roll back
into my head while I was trying to understand the explanation.  I get the
part about deflection (an easy concept for me to grasp).

If it's not the hardness, why would it be OK for a while and then become a
problem? (twice!)

I will also do what David Love suggested with the half-round.

Thanks everyone.

Barbara Richmond