v-bar/capo repair

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed Mar 1 10:00:23 MST 2006

Hi Barbara

Was he capo bar reshaped as part of the last restringing process ? If so how.. ie profile used and did they file the surface area ?

One year is a pretty quick time for capo wear to occur in severe enough amounts to begin causing any significant buzzying.  There are some factors that can contribute and these include over enthusiastic string leveling proceedures and some tuning techniques.  If you can rule those out then I would thing that either you have a defect that you are dealing with... or it has something to do with something other then the capo bar in the first place.

I'd like to see a good set of pics showing the situation.  Especially the capo surface.

Cheers
RicB

Hi David,

Well, I'm not sure if the capo hardness was ever right since the problem =
was there before it was restrung, also.  The problem didn't surface =
until the piano was a year old or so.  Then it took about the same =
amount of time for the problem to surface after it was restrung.  It was =
the repetition of the timing and the symptoms that got my attention.

Barbara