Upright Action mounting pins

Teslaspark at aol.com Teslaspark@aol.com
Thu Mar 2 15:18:38 MST 2006

Would that make me King of all Tunasaurs?  Actually I let "Pianasaurus  Rex"
become extinct at my first PTG chapter meeting.  Hahaha!

*******************
<I don't know about the question...but your business should be  "Tunasaurus
Rex"....;-]
<
<David Ilvedson, RPT
<Pacifica,  California
<
*******************

This piano is a Universal Player Piano and the piano make is Universal  Piano
of Los Angeles, CA.  My understanding is that at the time these were  being
manufactured (circa 1970 or 80s), the pianos were made by Cable and  decaled
for Universal.  Rights to Universal and the Universal Player are  now property
of QRS.

I am currently also repairing/rebuilding the pneumatic stack.  If you  ever
find yourself face to face with one of these animals you might want to turn
and run (although I wouldn't classify this piano as Winter Spinet).   The
pneumatic tubes from the tracker bar that actuate the keys from playing  rolls
descend down and right through the middle section of the keyboard between  the keys
to the pneumatic stack that is mounted below the keybed.  Although  in later
models, they moved the pneumatic tubes to the ends of the keyboard and  frame,
the pneumatic stack is still underneath.  The pneumatic stack is  extruded
aluminum and the valve pouches are made of the same synthetic material  as
condoms.  Let this be a lesson to ya...don't wear your condoms for  longer than 20
years because they'll break and your girlfriend will get  pregnant.

<

<What kind of piano are you describing?
<Ed Sutton
<