Beginner Seeking Advice

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu Mar 2 11:19:18 MST 2006

At 10:05 AM 3/2/2006 +0000, you wrote:

>BTW, I believe fluorescent lights give off a faint Bb hum but I think as a
>beginner I will try to stick to a more reliable source for a tuning pitch.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bert

Bert,

Actually, that 60Hz hum is quite reliable - virtually omnipresent, even.
(unless you're experiencing a "brownout")
;-{

However, it is about half betwixt A# (58.3) and B (61.7).

Might be useful for 1/4 tone stuff. ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.