beginner seeking advice re:VTDs (vacuum tuning devices)

Philippe Errembault phil.errembault@skynet.be
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:45:02 +0100

> Philippe, I fear that you are serious about this.

Do you ? Really ? Waow... Cool... I didn't know I was THAT good ;-)

You know, In french, Well no... probably only here in brussels, I think...
We have a word for that kind of joke...
It would translate to something like "to blow a bag". you know, it's like
when you take a paper bag like they put bread in it (I hope you use the
same bag for the bread we do...) you put air in it and then you close it's
end and hit it with you open hand to make it explode...

Well, my point is : Never do that with a vacuum cleaner bag (lol)

Philippe

Ps : In fact my real plan, since I own a very old piano with a wooden frame
and which I'm not even sure I can raise to A440 without breaking it, and
since I was an IT guy and quite good at mathematical programming, was
to write my own program to analyse the stretching needed by the strings,
and then produce my own reference sound set, to be able to check string
per string, not needing to rebuild the whole temperament each time it
changes...
... and then, I tune it to the fan of my computer's power supply
The only risk is that I will have to shut down the fans of my processor and
graphics chips that could give false beats ;-)