near impossible tuning

A440A at aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri Mar 3 11:51:31 MST 2006

Roger writes:
<<      Here's a suggestion that has worked for
me.   Aggressively lift the strings.  I think you know what I am
getting at.  The sustain will also increase, and give an overall tone
improvement. >>

I agree. This is the first thing I did.  It felt like there was no friction
on the capo, so I reasoned that maybe a couple more degrees of contact over the
radius would help.  After going through with a homemade "Straightmate",  I
found that four or five strings had dropped about 10 cents.  It helped, but
wasn't the magic bullet that I ,(in my obtuse obsession) was looking for.
   Maybe there are just gonna be a lot of little things that will solve all
this instead of the one big one.
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT