near impossible tuning

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 3 15:06:31 MST 2006

Ed,
Is there any signs of corrosion on the strings?  I've found that test
blows don't always reach past the bridge because of this, but that
the tension eventually does with predictable results.  My
"string-seating" involves pushing and pulling on each side of the
bridge with a beat suppressor bar.  (Just can't accept hammering at
the bridge.)  One poorly maintained D gave out rather loud clicks and
dropped a good twenty cents on average.  Of-course making sure hitch
pin loops are tight and that the wires are straight to the bridge and
settled on the rear duplex is standard fare for new pianos.

Wonder if the capo is harder than usual?

Andrew