near impossible tuning

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri Mar 3 15:18:15 MST 2006

Dittos Roger
  Ed Normally I find Kawai a very stable  piano.   I tuned a Kg-2 the other
day &  I had not tuned it  for 3 years.  Except for being 6 cents flat, enough
for a pitch raise, it  was in solidly in tune with itself & I wondered why I
was there. It is also  an easy piano to tune.
   I really like the Kawai grands in general. The  tone is far more
interesting than it other Japanese competitor & I can do  wonderful things with the
voicing .  However on some of the grands &  verticals a like have pins do not
render well.
  Ed I don't get it & would like to know this is only  an isolated incident
as I currently have a client looking to buy one of the same  models
 Dale

After lifting, leveling, and fitting, the power, sustain,  and  voicing will
improve.

String lifting is a skill just like  tuning, I would hardly call it
indiscriminate.

Regards  Roger