Black Market Pianos

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Mar 4 11:07:30 MST 2006

Tons of this is the archives. It has nothing to do with who is selling a
used piano. It has to do with where the piano was originally sold when it
was new. If the piano was sold in Japan when new, and now, some years later,
is being resold here in North America, it is considered a grey market piano.
This is certainly the case with Yamaha pianos. However, is this the case
with Kawai? I had not heard that Kawai makes two different lines of pianos
based on destination market. Anyone know?

Terry Farrell