Mystery tool!

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Sun Mar 5 11:43:14 MST 2006

John,

It's for hammer shank splicing.  Insert one end of broken shank in the hole.  Clamp with thumb screws.  Cut through slot with hacksaw blade.  Remove shank.  Take new shank and follow the same procedure.  You now have a perfect joint match.  Glue joint, trim to length, glue old hammer  back on.  I've had one for years.  Personally I think it's easier to just replace the whole shank in an upright, but on a grand it can be handy as a temporary fix.

Debbie L.