Mystery tool!

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 5 11:52:10 MST 2006

Hi,John!  So far,all the responces you got are correct.My only addition
is:This appears to be a self-made tool, a copy of a tool introduced years
ago by late John Ford,a supplier from New York area.His tool was made from
pin block material.

And instead of using straw material [not all of them are same diameter},try
Plastic Tubing material from hardware store,they come in different
diameters.For securing freshly glued repaired hammer shank just 2  small
rings of this tubing material are  sufficient to hold 2 pieces together.Same
tubing material can be used for protecting side of the rim of a grand pianos
from scratches from L-shaped hinge pins.

Hope,this will help.

Isaac

  _____