DIRECT MAILING

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 6 08:40:58 MST 2006

Avery,
                    The advice from Jim is right on the money.  The
number one complaint that customers can, and will pick up on, is unisons.
   Never in 30 plus years has a customer complained. " your
contiguous thirds do no progress."
The teaching of unisons is the bed rock, period. At the same time
secure hammer technique is of equal importance.
Until good unisons, and good pin setting is achieved, very little
progress can be made.
Hammer technique, and firm test blows., is every bit as difficult to
learn, as hearing the unisons.
The student is learning several things simultaneously.
  Once moving on to Octaves, the student is able to focus on one
thing without second guessing themselves.
Regards Roger