Black Market Pianos now HC's

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 6 09:27:41 MST 2006

If both heating systems raise the temperature the same amount, and neither
one removes water from the air, seems to me the change in RH would be the
same with either heating system. Perhaps it is in part related to maybe
central heat blowing air into more places more effectively, etc. And maybe
Americans do not practice energy conservation (crank the heat up higher -
and thus lower RH more) as well as the Japanese. However, I believe it is
true that there are areas of the North American continent that are much
drier than Japan, and also colder - such that there is a larger drop in
living space RH when the heat is turned up. So I'd have to say that at least
in part, climate is a factor.

Terry Farrell