White Damppchaser pads

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 13:51:00 MST 2006

Hi John,

I train my clients to change and clean the pads, clean the humidifier, and
drain the water every six months. Regina used to be a "test bed" for water
heaters in the 1950's as our water is very "hard". That's why I suggest
exchanging pads every three months.

As a side benefit I have many pianos that drift no more than two cents on
any note. Nice to do concert level tuning work in homes on a "once a year"
basis.

At 11:01 AM 3/7/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Don,
>
>Maybe we have different water down in Mississippi. <g>
>
>Now, I am curious about changing the pads every three months. Do you go by
>and do that for the customer, or do they do it? If so, do you charge for a
>service call, or is this in conjunction with a regular service? I wouldn't
>mind the customer changing them on a vertical, but not for grands. I also
>think that you'd only need to change the pads that often during the months
>where the humidifier portion works more often. Around here, it's over 50%
>humidity from May to the end of September and some of October. So I would
>think a good changing schedule would be October, January, and May. I just do
>it twice a year, though.
>
>John Formsma

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7