White Damppchaser pads

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Tue Mar 7 17:55:25 MST 2006

Jon,

I acknowledge that there are many ways to look at it.  For me the nutshell =

SHB is a great backup for when clients "forget" to add water (lazy).

Cleaning really is not that big a deal.  All I've ever had to do is use the
back of a pocket knife blade - it doesn't have to look new, just mostly free
of debris.  I find most if the mineral buildup comes off when I remove the
old pads and do some scrubbing as I remove them.

Really isn't hard to teach clients to change pads if you want it done more
than once a year.  Not much harder than teaching them to water the unit.

As Jon ( I think) mentioned, the treatment is to prevent growth in tank and
tube, not prolong pad life, though it may.

The benefit of a SHB need only be realized once to make it worth it.

JMO,
Regards,
William R. Monroe