CA glue a Baldwin

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 8 12:43:26 MST 2006

Nora,
You will encounter some differences of opinion on this.  Beware that
ultra thin CA glue will travel and leak out too.  On grands I tape up
foil to the bottom of the pin-block to prevent belated spills
(potential problem in drier climates).  On uprights protect the floor.

I've never used more than a fraction of a bottle.  Others use
more.  I am inclined to give it what it will soak up, making several
passes.  You will notice on grands that filling on tuning pin will
eventually wick to neighboring pins.  While trickling the CA in on
upright standing upright pianos will work, I've been unsatisfied with
the result in one case.  I plan on tilting upright pianos now.

Andrew