piano actions

pianotune05 pianotune05 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 09:31:14 MST 2006

Hi everyone,
My neighbor  has an old upright that his daughter uses for practice but
needs quite a bit of work. He mentioned that some hammers were missing in
the trebble section.  I have a couple of old actions here in my garage from
old uprights that are not is as bad of shape.  Is it possible to take one
action out and replace it with another if they both were from old uprights?
If this question is in the archives, I apologize, but I'm honestly not
certain how to use the archives. :)  Thanks everyone.
Marshall