v-bar/capo repair (filing compared)

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Fri Mar 10 19:36:56 MST 2006

Hi Ric,

I have a question about the Seiler you worked on.  Did the capo look
anything like the one in my picture?  Obviously the Seiler and Steinway look
very different.  But mostly the thing that strikes me odd about the Seiler
is how the surface of the profile (?) is <different> than the rest of the
capo (unlike the Steinway).  There is that bit of silver/gray bump and then
what
appears to be a flat surface.  Seems kind of strange, but then I haven't had
the habit of looking at capos (though I might start!).

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond

PS  I don't know why I never bought Ed's book.  There always seems to be
plenty of stuff to buy on my list.