v-bar/capo repair

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 11 09:09:07 MST 2006

Yeah, that sounds good, too.

jcg

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Registered Piano Technician
Island Piano Service
Bainbridge Island, WA
206-842-3721
mailto:jcgrassi at earthlink.net

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Roger Jolly
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 4:26 PM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: RE: v-bar/capo repair

At 10:22 AM 3/10/2006, you wrote:

Thanks, Roger.  I thought of that after it slipped out.  I could have saved
myself a whole lot of trouble if my brain had been traveling in the right
direction from the start.  :>)
jeannie

Hi Jeannie,
                    Another thought,
The last one that I did, I used double sided carpet tape.  It worked fine
and was less messy. Lay the bar on the sticky side of the tape. Press
firmly.  Trim with a sharp razor knife. Peel backing, then stick to plate in
one shot. =-O   Beats burning off the shellac.

Regards Roger