Growing Brackets

Dave Bunch pdtek at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 14 16:21:44 MST 2006

Hello all-

I know this subject has been discussed before, however, my first question is- Did the archives change? I see no search field like there used to be. So before I dive into that one month at a time, I will ask here. Maybe there is also some new info around.

I have a customer with a Young Chang grand G175BMP ser# 107514 that has what I strongly believe are the infamous growing action brackets. I remember them being discussed and the symptoms seem to fit. Most of the problem is that the hammers are blubbering and blocking because there is no escapement. Over the last couple of years the jack buttons are to the end of the screw, and the rate that this thing goes out of regulation unbelievable, leaving me to believe that the brackets are the problem.

The dealer tells me the piano was manufactured in '97 which seems too recent to be in the group that had these brackets, or am I mistaken?

Who is it that one calls these days to get replacements, and does YC still pay for the procedure?

Thanks
Dave Bunch